AppsFlyer Releases Performance Index
This morning, AppsFlyer, issued its Performance Index, which delivers the most comprehensive ranking of the top media sources in mobile advertising.
AppsFlyer’s technology is found on 98% of the world’s smartphones, and for the Performance Index they analyzed 6 billion app installs and 22 billion app sessions/app opens. The index has rankings for North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, North Pacific Asia and the Indian subcontinent.
I’ve included some highlights as well as the full index below, and I can also connect you with some of the leading companies highlighted in the report – AdColony, Taptica, and AppLovin if you are interested in commentary. Please let me know if you would like to speak with AppsFlyer to learn more about the Index.
Link to Performance Index: https://www.appsflyer.com/index
Gaming – Key Findings
- Facebook Holds at #1 – The social giant continued to dominate mobile advertising, landing at the top spot across all regions – on both Android and iOS.
- Apple Makes an Entrance – Apple’s new ad platform shows strong potential, with the 3rd best retention score in iOS North America.
- iOS Shows Scale – Despite Android’s far larger market-share, the top 30 media sources on iOS delivered roughly half of all gaming app installs driven by paid media.
Non-Gaming – Key Findings
- Twitter Proves Power of App Install Ads – They climbed three places to hit the #3 spot in the global Android Power Ranking thanks to their first place retention score, and also showed strong performance delivering volume and valuable users on iOS.
- iOS and Android Media Performance is Very Close – The average Power Rankings and retention scores on both iOS and Android were roughly the same. Android however, had 7x more non-gaming installs than iOS thanks to their stronger market share.
- Global Rules but Regional Also Making a Mark – The index is dominated by the larger global media sources because they have greater scale which is needed to achieve statistical validity. This gives them an advantage. However, niche and local networks – such as Yandex In Eastern Europe, MoBrain in LATAM, and tyroo in India – are also delivering great results.