MMA Shares Trend Report Based on Smarties Mobile Marketing Winners
Everyone likes to feel that all of their hard work is not only recognized, but appreciated. We often forget to say “thank you” or “good job with this project” to those around us, even though we do value their contribution, however big or small it may be. That’s why The Smarties are such a big deal in the mobile marketing community. If you aren’t familiar, the Smarties, presented by the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), are a distinguished award that honors the most exceptional campaigns in mobile marketing throughout the year. You can view the entire list of finalists and winners on MMA’s site.
Along with honoring the best and brightest mobile marketing campaigns, the Mobile Marketing Association also releases a Smarties Trend Report. This report highlights the most successful mobile marketing tactics used by each award-winning campaign. As the world of mobile marketing keeps evolving, it is important to look back at what works, what doesn’t, and what just might need a little bit more tweaking to give users the best possible experience.
Updates in mobile technology have provided new ways for marketers to leverage the device to create multi-channel engagement, and have a deeper, more meaningful relationship with their target by personalizing their campaigns, and granting access to content their consumers want, when they want it.”
Some key trends include:
- The Gateway to Dynamic Personalization – one to one engagement allows marketers to provide more personalized content.
- The Consumer-Needs Compass – 20% of campaigns used location enabling brands to reach the right person at the right time, with the right message in the right place with the right mindset
- The “Always on” Brand-Station – 40% of winning entries provided “always on” brand experiences provide entertainment or a specific service to their consumer
- The Campaign Engagement Link – mobile-centric campaigns that harness mobile technology to amplify other channel efforts
- The Mobile Social Influence – 33% of the winning campaigns show how brands are taking advantage of existing social platforms, and their users, to grow their brands in more organic ways.
- The Internet of Things – product is now becoming a conduit of the message and brand experience.
For more information on highlights, trends, and tactics, you can view the full Smarties Trend Report.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving the innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for the marketing organizations through fostering know- how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and advocacy. Additionally MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Mobile Marketing is broadly defined as including advertising, apps, messaging, mCommerce and CRM on all mobile devices including smart phones and tablets. Members include, American Express, AdChina, Colgate – Palmolive, Dunkin’ Brands, Facebook, Google, Group M, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Worldwide, Kellogg Co., L’Oréal, MasterCard, McDonalds, Microsoft, Mondelez International Inc., Pandora Media, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, The Coca-Cola Company, The Weather Company, Unilever, Visa, Vodafone, Walmart, xAd, Zenith Optimedia and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC). For more information about the MMA please visit www.mmaglobal.com.