How to Gift an App on an iPhone
Looking for a birthday gift for the friend who has it all, except that app you love? Or do you just want to surprise someone with an app you think he’d find useful? Regardless of the reason, there is a simple way to purchase and send someone an app from the iTunes App Store. MobileFOMO shows you how to do this in 8 easy steps:
1. Sign in to the App Store and search for the app that you’d like to purchase (We chose DoggyDoc, an artificial veterinary intelligence app for $4.99 that we recently featured here)
2. Click the Share button at the top right of the page
3. Choose “Gift”
4. Fill in the email address of the recipient
5. Customize your message (up to 200 characters)
6. Choose when you’d like it to be sent. When you’re done, choose “Next”
7. Pick your theme!
8. Tap the “Buy Now” button that appears
Voilà! That’s it. Your friend will receive an email on the scheduled date notifying him or her of their gift. Now that you know how to do this, be sure to share the love of your favorite apps!