The 5 Most Purr-fect Apps for Cat Lovers
There are cat people, then there are dog people. Both identities come with proud identities and app developers have picked up on this concept. While it seems your cat friends and dog friends are equally split, that extends to the app world as well. If you search for “Cats” on iTunes App Store it yields 2,200 results, whereas “Dogs” yields 2,195. Just five apps separate the cat people and the dog people. The team at MobileFOMO is split equally between cat people and dog people as well, and we have taken on the serious responsibility of sorting through these results to find our animal adoring friends the top apps for humans and their favorite pets alike. Today, we focus on our feline-loving friends. Without further ado, here are our favorite apps – a combination of fun and practical – for all the cat people out there…
1. Cat Effects – This app allows folks to a draw or stamp a multitude of cats into any photo from either their photo library, an image taken with their camera, or from Facebook. Hilarious and fun for all ages, you are able to select from 30 different cats to insert into your photos and adjust the size accordingly.
Cat Effects is available for free download on iTunes.
2. Talking Ginger – This adorable cat will become your virtual best friend – talk to him, tickle him, and play with him. Like a younger sibling at 6 years old, Talking Ginger will repeat everything you say, matching the tone of your voice but in a higher pitch. There are games attached including one which times how fast Ginger (read: you) can unravel the toilet paper, and it also almost makes you feel like you’re taking care of a real cat. You can bathe him, blowdry him and even brush his teeth to get him ready for bed. Take a video of him doing or saying something funny and send it to your friends.
3. Pet First Aid – Did you know April is Pet First Aid Awareness month? Red Cross brings you Pet First Aid, an all-inclusive and easily accessible first aid handbook to research any issues and provide sound advice for helping your companion until you can get to a vet. Call your vet at the press of a button by programming the emergency content number. Additionally, customize a pet profile and set veterinary appointments. This app also provides you with educational videos, interactive content, and convenient toggle between cat and dog content.
4. iKnow Cats – When you’re deciding what cat you would like to make a part of your family, you will ask yourself a lot of questions. How easy is this breed to handle? How large will this breed get? How active is this breed typically? What is the recommended age group for this breed? Instead of sorting through website after website, find all of the information you need in one convenient app – iKnow Cats. Find cats by appearance, weight, eats, coat, playfulness, friendliness, etc. For the cat connoisseurs, play the Breed Quiz game and guess breeds by pictures and brag about your high scores by sharing it on Faceboook. Also, submit your cat’s picture for a chance to have it featured on the app.
iKnow Cats is available for $1.99 download on iTunes.
5. Flappy Cat – Just when you were finally getting over your addiction to Flappy Bird, ToxicFlipGames brings you Flappy Cat. A basic yet entertaining game, Flappy Cat works like this: Tap to fly, avoid posts, and collect 4 different colored pirate flags. A great game for a long commute to get you psyched to see your very own heroic cat at home.
Stay tuned for our top dog apps!