SXSW 2014 Top Parties Picks for Interactive
Overwhelmed by South by Southwest? Who isn’t? There’s an insane amount of activity going on during SXSW that can definitely be too much to decide. However, let us help you by suggesting a few narrowed down events. Here’s a list of some of our pick this year for parties and meetups–at least this is what has perked our interests so far for SXSW Interactive. Anything marked with a ** means badge required. Also, if you see an event you’re interested in, don’t for get to RSVP–just in case.
- Paypal Lounge – Media sessions, happy hours, prizes and giveaways–the lounge runs on for every day of interactive. Worth stopping by to relax and meet cool people.
- 5:00 pm – 10pm Startup Crawl – Get to know the Austin startup scene by taking a tour around various offices. Often there will be free drinks, food, and startup swag at various locations. If you’re bored of one place, you can easily hop to the next spot on their map. There will probably be fun activities at various offices. The vibe is probably casual and mellow if you’re looking to preserve your energy for the next few days as well.
- 7pm Bangpop & Ableton Party Day 1- It’s a 2 days music event. Music events are often fun. If you’re into electronic music then this is it. Thursday is the calm before the storm so this event should be one of the more lively things happening that evening.
- 11am – 5pm – Mashable House – The Mashable House is always fun. Last year people waited for hours to pet grumpy cat. This year you can take an epic selfie with a wrecking ball. If you want to celebrate the zaniness of the internet, it’s worth visiting the Mashable House.
- 8pm – 2am ff Massive Kick-off Party – ff Venture Captial and their portfolio companies returns with a great series of content and parties. This year’s opening party will feature talented musician Robert DeLong.
- Verizon Power Startup Party – This party features performer Big Boi. The event might be invite only though. However, it might be worth it to signup and be added on the wait list.
- 7pm Bangpop & Ableton Party Day 2 – If you missed day 1. Come for day 2 of electronic music.
- 6pm – 9pm Spredfast – If you want free drinks and bowling. Those are the rumors we heard.
- Official SXSW Party Hosted by Mobi** – It’s official, it must be good right?
- 7:30pm – 11:30pm – I F-cking Love Science **- Featuring Mythbusters’ Kari and Tori, Best Coast, and Bill Nye. I love science. Don’t you?
- @Night at #Feed powered by Twitter ** – Twitter usually does something fancy. If you have a badge, worth stopping by.
- 2pm – 9pm – #UseMeLeaveMe Meet & Beat Razorfish – Ice cream truck, live music, fun stuff for non-badge holders.
- 3:15 pm – Funny or Die Clubhouse + Facebook HQ** – Celebrities and stuff. Enough said. 3 days span of great events.
- 6pm Tumblr Presents Fuck Yeah the Sequel – Live music!
- 8pm – Let’s Get Weird with Buzzfeed + The CW** – If you have a badge, makes sense to go and get weird with Buzzfeed.
- 9pm – 2am MashBash – It will probably be big. Mashable usually rocks the house at SXSW.
- 3:15 pm – Funny or Die Clubhouse + Facebook HQ** – Funny or Die with live music and lots of great comedy.
- 4pm – 7pm – Freedomland Lazertag** – Lazertag! Bang! Bang!
- 6pm – 10pm – Marketing a Go Go – Marketo is having an event for marketers. Mingle with marketers!
- 8pm – 3am – Brain Blast Party with Paypal and Braintree** – ft Snoop Dog and St Lucia
- Spotify House – Music, music, and more music!
- 10:00 pm – Funny or Die Clubhouse + Facebook HQ** – featuring Chromeo and Bill cosby
- 5:30pm – Applauze Presents – An event featuring Charlie XCX, MS MR, RAC! It’s free and open to the public with RSVP
- 4:30pm – Jimmy Kimmel Live! ** – Who doesn’t love Jimmy Kimmel? He’s hilarious!
- 9pm – Say Media & XOJane Party** – There will likely be funny women here! Editors are celebrating “25 Most Shameless People on the Web”. This event feature performances from Brendan Fallis, Tove Lo, The Jane Doze, & other surprises.
These are a few of our selected events. To find out where to go for a fuller list of events, check out our previous SXSW article on how to attend SXSW without a badge. The article list resources that are great for badge and non-badge SXSW go-ers alike. There’s something for everyone at SXSW. Just don’t forget to take a breather! Stay hydrated. 🙂