What’s the Next “Big Thing” in Mobile Design? Sung Kim to Predict at SXSW Interactive 2014
The cell phone has come a long way since 1973. There are new cell phones being released all the time, but what’s the next big thing for mobile design? Sung Kim, founder of Gestures Inc., has an inkling, and he’s sharing his predictions at SXSW Interactive . Selected as one of the “75 Best Designers in Technology” by Business Insider in 2013, Sung has an impressive background in design and has a truly innovative vision for the future of the mobile world.
Sung is adamant about the need to change the way we use our mobile devices at the fundamental level by altering our habits that were developed around using old technologies, such as limited scrolling and tapping on tiny buttons.
Sung will be answering the following questions:
1. What’s wrong with today’s mobile conventions and the way we use our mobile devices?
2. What can we do to truly take advantage today’s touchscreen capabilities and make our mobile experiences more efficient and effortless?
3. What are the issues with rectangle shaped mobile devices?
4. Why is it important to create minimalistic interfaces based on simple gestures, rather than buttons?
5. Why is it important to break away from traditional grid/list views and explore outside the boundaries of physical screen space?
So what can we do to truly take advantage today’s technologies and make our mobile experiences more efficient and effortless? Sung Kim has big ideas and seems to be onto something.
If you’re at SXSW Interactive, check out Sung’s panel on March 9 from 3:30pm – 4:30pm titled “The Next Mobile Experience” at the Four Seasons hotel.
More info here.