In a word (or two)
Here’s a great post from E Consultancy on the fact that the mobile train has already left the station. Hope you are on it!
This article references the Adobe Black Friday Study and gives a fun time line on the whole mobile evolution that has suddenly turned into a revolution. Some highlights:
– 1 in 4 dollars on Black Friday were spent via a mobile device.
– The first mobile phone (from Motorola) weighed 2 pounds, had a 30 minute battery life which eqauted to about $4,000 in talk time.
– 10 Years ago AT&T introduced 3G
– 5 Years ago Apple introduced the iPhone and first Smartphone
– Today the train has already left and if you are not on it you better be running fast.
It’s a fun post and definitely worth a read.